There are many blog posts about how to get to User information List where all the user information is stored for each site collection. most of the blogs refer navigating to /_catalogs/users/simple.aspx or /_catalogs/users/detail.aspx. However, the problem with this approach is that you are not able to manage the list, specifically modify any views, the way you want to see other user information buried under. With this approach, clearly we are stuck with the views that are created by default that contains only Name, About me, Title, Department and Modified date.
So, how do we see other information of each user? In this blog, I will show how to get to UIL settings page without any code. The following steps will allow you to navigate to list settings page and edit default views or create new views that will enable you to view other user information synchronized from your AD via User Profile Application.
- Navigate to <sitecollectionurl>/_layouts/15/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0. now, you will see 2 new menus.
- Click Settings and choose List Settings
- Now you will be taken to List Settings page of UIL which was not available with /_catalogs/users/xxxxx.aspx option.
- Scroll down and click any view that you want to be modified. in this case, I will chose detail view. then select the additional fields to be shown in the view.
- Now you should see the newly added columns in the view. if you closely pay attention to the url /_catalogs/users/detail.aspx, you may notice that the changes are reflected in the new view.
Beyond this point, you can configure the list anyway you want to. however, I would strongly advice against changing any other settings of this list, especially, name, permission, etc. except changing the views.